Sunday, June 24, 2012

Progress Report

Here it is, the near end of June.  While some rain has fallen, most has fallen around my address, not at my address.  Things are still quite dry.  Still, with carefully applied water from the hose, it looks like we will have some veg to harvest yet.


I think the corn will definitely pass "knee high by the 4th of July" - it sure looks promising.  This is actually the best-looking corn I've ever grown!


The assorted pole beans are starting to climb - a good sign.


The carrots...well...I have yet to master carrot-planting.  They always come up in clumps.  I've had some success transplanting, but it's a tedious chore.  Right now I'm working on battling the weeds that are also growing with the carrots.


Peas have been blooming for two or three weeks now, although most of the plants are under two-feet tall!  Runty - lack of rain.


Never the less, there are lots of pods filling up!  Should be able to start harvesting in a week, I should think.


The paltry few onions are doing well, too - maybe next year I'll try planting seeds again.


The spuds are looking great for the most part...and the CPB apparently think so, too.  I must've squished well over a hundred of the beggars the other night, and last night it looked like I hadn't touched a one of them!  Must go on a rampage tonight...or I won't have any plants left at all!


Tomatoes?  Only two plants remain, and they are struggling. 


But the squash and cukes are coming up - so that's a plus.


I have yet to get the sweet potatoes planted...perhaps tonight.  And it's time to make another batch of mozzarella!

No comments:

Post a Comment